Friday, January 3, 2014

Breakfast Burritos

My first entry into my new format for blogged food.

I wanted to create a breakfast item that could be frozen and taken for breakfasts while on the go. 
The other day at work, I was in a hurry, like I always am, and did not have time to make breakfasst in the morning.  After surgery, meals can take up to an hour to eat, so I did not have time to sit and indulge.

This is a huge reason I got fat to begin with... FAST FOOD IS A LIFE SAVER, or at least is was. That morning I had a breakfast burrito from McDonalds.  I was astounded by the rediculous amount of poor nutrition was in this, and it was a healthy option.  

Calories: 300
Carbs: 24
Protein: 13
Fiber: 3

I wondered how to get in better nutrition, more bang for my buck as it were.

So I created my own breakfast burritos.  They are small, full of nutrition, and filling.  My husband even likes it!

Breakfast Burritos

Nutritional Information


Ingredients

Makes 14 Burritos
8 slices Lilydale Extra Lean Turkey - Bacon Style (or whichever brand or style you like)
1 Carton of Egg Creations Original
1 whole bell pepper (I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green)
8g of fresh chives
180g of Cheese (I used 178g specifically with Cracker Barrel Marble Cheese)
14 Whole Wheat Tortillas (I used Dempsters thins)



Spray a pan with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom, and saute the peppers and chives. (Can leave raw if you like more crunch in your burritos)

 Cut the 8 slices of "bacon", and saute them up (no oil)

 Add entire carton with salt and pepper to taste, and scramble the eggs

 Add about 30g of egg to each tortilla, 1T of veggies, 1T of meat and 1T of cheese

Wrap tortillas as follows

 

Wrap in parchment paper and store in freezer bags, marking them with name and date. Freeze for a maximum of 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment