Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quinoa and Fish

I love this recipe, another quick meal, because well, our lives are like that:

So the ingredients are pretty simple, Quinoa, and Tilapia

Quinoa is a staple of mine lately as it is a great source of added protein, and it does not expand as much in my stomach.  Therefore, it is less uncomfortable and more nutrient abundant.

For quinoa, I use a mixed blend because it had more protein in it.  I do not care if it is organic or not, that is negligible for me.  That is an argument (organic vs. not) for another time

I have tried red, black and golden quinoa, and I currently do not find a difference between them.  I enjoy the different colors, as my dishes look more colorful and appealing that way.

So to cook the quinoa, I always stick to the 1:2 ration. With 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water.  So for my husband and I, I cook 1/2c of quinoa to 1c of water.  I bring it to a boil and then let it simmer until cooked, usually about 15-20 minutes.  I like my quinoa well cooked, so about 20 minutes for me, but really just play with it until you find something you like.

I am not a big fish eater. At all!, but I do try to eat some fish once in awhile.  I really like this tilapia:

It is not too fish tasting and is rather enjoyable.

So here is the finished dish:
Nutritional Information:
Calories: 155
Fat: 3.5g
Carbs: 15g
Fiber: 1.5g
Protein: 15g

As a  side I added fat free tar tar sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment